Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One last Intro of our NEWEST New Kid!

Posted By: Kim Sterritt

While I realize that it is Walk Week, I also realized that I have failed to introduce you all to our Newest New Kid! Please help me officially welcome Priscilla Nunez to Team New Kids on the Walk!

Priscilla Nunez
Status: Walker
Location: Marietta, GA

Are you a NEW New Kid or a New Kid With Experience?
NEW New Kid


What made you decide to take the plunge and sign up for the 2010 3 Day?

I first heard about the 3 Day my last semester in college when 3 of my sorority sisters decided to walk the 2006 3-Day. Every year since then I would consider doing the walk but I kept putting it off because doubted that I could raise the money and no one else I knew wanted to do it with me. I finally decided to do it this year even if at 1st it meant getting out there by myself (again none of my friends want to do the walk). It's my way of giving back and having a memorable 25th birthday that I can always look back on.


How did you get suckered into joining, I mean, get connected with Team New Kids?

I know Kim from working together on GA Tech's Family Weekend. I sent her an email asking for donations, little did I know she was already doing the walk for a 2nd year! She was so awesome and asked me if I wanted to join Team New Kids on the Walk. The name alone had me hooked!


What is your favorite snack?
Horrible I know....I'm a sucker for Snikers. Is that a snak? lol (editor's note: No Worries! Team New Kids does not judge based on snack preferences.)


What is your favorite walking/workout jam (song)?
I love to listen to Salsa music when I'm walking, but I don't have one favorite song.


Why do you walk? What inspires you?
I first signed up for the walk to raise money, to do something amazing, and to have a memorable 25th. My aunt passed away from Cervical Cancer a couple of years ago, so she inspires me even for this event. I feel that if we can find a cure for breast cancer then maybe we can find a cure for all other cancers. I also walk for a friend of the family. One of my mother's closest friends was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast Cancer about 2 weeks after I signed up for the walk. She is currently undergoing treatment.


What is your biggest fear regarding the 3 Day?
That I won't finish. eeek. (Editor's note: As long as you stay hydrated, listen to your body, and take care of yourself, you WILL finish!)

If you had dinner with Nancy Brinker, sister of Susan Komen and the founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, what would you say to her or ask her? I would tell her that she is an amazing woman for starting the foundation and for touching so many lives!
Please feel free to add anything else you’d like to share about yourself or the 3-Day. I am very excited to be a part of the 3-Day with Team New Kids and can't wait to meet everyone.

Can't wait to have the team finally all together on Thursday for our team dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment