Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adoring Fans Interview #4

Posted By: Kim Sterritt

Brad Smith
Status: Surprise Walker Stalker
Location: Perrysburg, OH

What is your connection to Team New Kids on the Walk?

Brother of participant, Kim Smith (editor's note: My brother apparently takes after my father. See Monday's interview question number 1 for comparison!)

What one 3 Day moment sticks in your brain most?

On the morning of Day 2, myself, my wife Shannon, and my two daughters Sydney and Taylor greeted Kim at their first cheering station of the day. Kim was unaware of the fact that we were going to be driving down to support her that weekend. Her response to our surprise is the moment from that weekend that I will remember the most. She could not hide how much it meant to her to have our support. (editor's note: Again, my family LOVES to remember my heart palpitations and sobbing quite fondly.)

What did you do to support the New Kids before, during and after the 3 Day?

To support Kim in the 3 Day event we financially sponsored her, we traveled to Atlanta to support her that weekend, and for Christmas this past year my wife made a scrapbook for Kim that commemorated the 3 Day event. (editor's note: An amazing scrapbook by the way! Really captures the emotional and physical roller coaster of the experience!)

What words of encouragement do you have for the New Kids, both New and Experienced?

This event is for a terrific cause and it was amazing to hear the amount of money that was raised to fight breast cancer. Seeing it first hand, you get a real sense that for the participants, this is a life changing experience.

Brad will not be attending the walk this year as their newest addition, Madelyn Grace, reason #4 that I am participating in the 3 Day, arrived in July and traveling 12 hours with 3 kids under 5 years old is too crazy to attempt! Brad will be taking on his own physical challenge this weekend by running the Columbus Marathon. He may think walking 60 miles is crazy but I think running 26.2 is just plain NUTS!!! Go Brad! I am so proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment