Monday, July 19, 2010

Getting to Know You, Part 7

Posted By: Kim Sterritt

wait for it.....wait for it........Karen Wagner!

Karen Wagner
Location: Alpharetta, GA

Are you a NEW New Kid or a New Kid With Experience?
I am new to the team, but I have previous AVON 3-Day experience.

What made you decide to take the plunge and sign up for the 2010 3 Day?

My Aunt Robin was diagnosed with breast cancer last year (thankfully she is a SURVIVOR!) so I decided to walk in celebration of her.

How did you get suckered into joining, I mean, get connected with Team New Kids?

All of Kim's emails from last year really inspired me and she made it sound like so much fun that I decided to join.

What is your favorite snack?

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

What is your favorite walking/workout jam (song)?

Where the Streets Have No Name by U2

Fundraising for the 3-Day walk is challenging. What is your strategy?

Ask as many people as possible and carry fundraising business cards where ever I go.

What are you plans for training?
Take my one year old son on as many walks in the stoller as he can handle.

Why do you walk? What inspires you?

I walk so that my 9 year old daughter can grow up in a world without breast cancer.

What is your biggest fear regarding the 3 Day?

My biggest fear is a two way tie between rain and blisters.

What is one piece of advice you would give a first time walker this year?

To all first time walkers...don't skimp on the socks! Buy the "Thorlos" even though they may seem expensive. I still wear the pairs that I bought for the 3 Day in 2002!

If you had dinner with Nancy Brinker, the founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, what would you say to her or ask her?
"Will you sponsor me for the 3 Day for the Cure?"

Please feel free to add anything else you’d like to share about yourself or the 3-Day.

I am a Michigan grad and I am a little concerned about doing the 3 Day with women from Ohio State ;-). However, if I have to share a tent with a Buckeye, I thought it might be fun to do a "tent divided" theme for the decorating contest and do a half Michigan/half OSU tent.

Karen's fundraising thermometer is inching closer to the top! Help her hit her $2300 goal by clicking here!


Up next week: Katie Holmes (not the one married to Mr. Cruise)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Team New Kids!! We are thrilled to have you. I can tell already, from a shared love of Reese's Cups, that we will be fast friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we could have a Big Ten themed team ... Michigan, OSU, and Purdue! I'm proud to be walking with some fellow Big Ten ladies!

    ReplyDelete