Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting to Know You, Part 5

Posted By: Kim Sterritt

Ta Da! Meredith Perlman!

Meredith Perlman
Location: Atlanta, GA

Are you a NEW New Kid or a New Kid With Experience?

Experienced. But not much. Last year was an adventure and I'm excited about doing it again.

What made you decide to take the plunge and sign up for the 2010 3 Day?

I had a blast last year and was so inspired. So, why not do it again? AND...I loved my teammates :)

How did you get suckered into joining, I mean, get connected with Team New Kids?

Well see Dooley talked Kim into it and then Kim talked Latino into it and I got curious and got talked into the 3-day by Latino. Then, why not form a team, right? Also, NKOTW tends to have fun...singing Miley Cyrus, freedom hour, etc.

What is your favorite snack?

In general or on the 3-day? In general...fruit. On the 3-day...the uncrustables were pretty fantastic and I am normally repulsed by them.

What is your favorite walking/workout jam (song)?
After last year, Miley Cyrus party in the USA or I got a feeling by Black-eyed Peas

Fundraising for the 3-Day walk is challenging. What is your strategy?

I'm terrified. Not sure yet, still planning.

What are you plans for training?

Follow the 16 week program. It worked last year!

Why do you walk? What inspires you?

The people around me at the walk inspired me.

What was your favorite 3-Day moment?
Funny: Hearing Kim's expression after the foot doctor told her to take it easy and not speed walk! Emotional: Walking into Turner Field holding the hands of my teammates

If you are a New Kid with Experience, what is one piece of advice you would give a first time walker this year?

Even if you think you can't do it, you can!

If you had dinner with Nancy Brinker, the founder of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, what would you say to her or ask her?
I would ask how she came up with the idea for the 3-day and her most inspiring moment.

Please feel free to add anything else you’d like to share about yourself or the 3-Day.
Nothing I can think of....I have a loving husband that I am hoping will do some training walks with me and we have a trip planned for Ireland and I hope that doesn't interfere with training too much!

Meredith is trucking toward her fundraising goal! Help her hit her $2300 mark by clicking here!

Up next week: Shawn Seuberling!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm in the middle of a freedom hour right now!!! YIPPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete